Even in the modern world, businesses are still following marketing strategies from 10-15 years ago. Unfortunately for us, B2B business is a lot harder than B2C. Even with the rise of digital tools in the Information Age, businesses aren’t fully embracing a digital transformation. While a lot of these B2B marketers/business owners adopt and utilize digital technology, they still haven’t adjusted their overall marketing strategy to go along with the changing times. In fact, nearly 80% of businesses think that B2B business is still a time-consuming and painful process. That couldn’t be truer with how much digital media has transformed our lives.
Below, we’ll be discussing what kinds of marketing strategies are used for B2B companies in 2019 and how to utilize them effectively so that your business’s marketing strategy works.
First, What Does the B2B Journey Look Like Today?
The old way to do marketing and sales was to follow the same marketing/sales funnel. While some it still rings true, the process has become more of a loop where buyers go from one end of the funnel to the other, presumably gathering more information until a purchase decision is ready to be made.
The image below courtesy of Blue Corona depicts the newer version of the buyer’s journey.
So, what happened that this model became the newer norm? Did it always exist or did something happen to make an entirely new model?
There are a few key reasons as to why this is the case (Source: Blue Corona):
- Millennials make up about half of all B2B marketers now, and they absolutely hate cold calls and telemarketing sales.
- CMO by Adobe finds that 90% of buyers are now looping around the sales funnel, constantly absorbing information until they eventually make a purchase decision.
- More people than ever are now involved in the buyer decision process, making it a lot harder for the buyer to purchase your product/service.
The See-Think-Do-Care Model
As you may have seen in the figure above, this is the See-Think-Do-Care Model. This model was created by Avinash Kaushik, a digital marketing evangelist for Google and the co-founder of Market Motive.
The model describes the sales funnel in a more modern way. What it does is take the largest addressable qualified audience (LAQA), and start performing sales and marketing functions from there.
B2B Marketing Strategies That Work
Now that we’ve covered the basics, we’ll talk about the different strategies that your company can implement in order to achieve success at every stage of the sales funnel.
- Stick to one CTA (call-to-action)
- Write an alluring subject line
- Make sure your emails are going out to the right audience
- Create a website
Want your business to follow all these practices to
- Run PPC ads and other outbound activities
- Run SEO and other inbound activities to optimize your presence online
- Make sure your content on the website is optimized for SEO
- Figure out the type of medium your audience digests. Do they read whitepapers, case studies, or product demos?
- Start a business blog
Social Media Marketing
- Engage with your audience
- Find methods to build awareness among your target audience
- Share your content and brand expertise on your business pages and other groups
find B2B business painful
Millennials make up about half of all B2B marketers now, and they absolutely hate cold calls and telemarketing sales.
Get a website. We'll build it for you.
Building a website is not for everyone. Get yours, built by professionals, for $29/month.